Shrimp Boil (a Charleston, Sc-"low Country" Recipe)
Submitted by: mssweetie | Source: Chef Rick
- Servings: 4 or more (adjustable)
- Prep Time: 15--20 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes (+/-)
|¼ lb||Keilbasa, or other spicy, smoked sausage) per person (sliced into bite-sized pieces|
|½ lb||Raw Shrimp In Shell Per Person|
|3||Red Bliss Potatoes Per Person|
|1||Ear of Corn Per Person|
|*can/bottle of Your Favorite Beer, modification|
|*olive Oil-- 1/4 Cup or More, to suit your taste (modification|
|Old Bay Seasoning|
|2||Small Onions Per Person|
|1||Carrot Per Person, cut into quarters|
|1-2||Crabs Per Person|
1. Boil water and beer in a large kettle on stove or outdoor cooker.
2. Season water with salt and your choice of above "flavorings and herbs" along with the juice of two lemons or 2 tablespoons of vinegar, and olive oil.
3. Add potatoes and cook for 10 minutes. Add carrots, sausage and onions. Bring back to a boil.
4. When potatoes and carrots are almost tender, add corn and crabs.
5.Bring to a boil, then add shrimp.
6. Cook a few minutes until shrimp are just done - they will be pink in color.
7.Drain and pour into a basket or onto platters.
*Have cocktail sauce and Dijon mustard at hand.